The GMT was founded in 1983. As a non-profit association the GMT represents nationwide the interests of companies and research institutions in the area of marine technology towards the public and policy makers.
- The GMT is supporting the networking of its members from industry and science in order to initiate national and international research and development projects.
- We support our members regarding the development of innovative products and services.
- The GMT will support its members to open up new market segments in Germany and abroad.
- Our members benefit from the thematic GMT-working groups which are established upon demand and interest, and which are moderated by industry experts and board members.
- The members' information exchange also is promoted by the event "Meet the Members" and the monthly GMT Regular’s Table.
- The GMT carries out periodically events with its members on topics of maritime engineering.
- For the benefit of its members, the GMT organizes joint stands at selected national and international trade fairs and conferences.
- To ensure the dialogue with the policy, the GMT organizes periodically parliamentary evenings in the premises of the federal states.