Become a Member
The GMT is a non profit organisation representing the interests of nationwide German companies and research institutions in the field of marine technology to the public and policy makers. The GMT prepares continuously issue-focused special offers and provides information.
With its membership of the companies have a specific professional, high quality network, which is characterized by individuality and personality.
The collaboration in the various working groups enables the common pushing forward of innovative technologies and the active shaping of future regulations and policy frameworks.
Benefits for members:
Invitations for collaboration and participation to
- GMT-working groups,
- Workshops and symposia,
- Information events.
Free participation or severely reduced participation fees for:
- Fairs and Exhibitions,
- Conferences and congresses.
Representation of members' interests in politics (federal and state ministries) and society
- Alignment and adjustment of the current national research programs,
- Shaping of political conditions (including National Master Plan Maritime Technology),
- Parliamentary evenings in the state representatives at the federal and state parliaments,
- Information about tenders, trade missions and cross-sector activities.
Other benefits of GMT-membership:
- Own profile pages in the GMT-members page,
- Free subscription of the maritime journals Schiff&Hafen and Ship&Offshore,
- Possibility of publishing technical articles in "Schiff&Hafen" and "Ship&Offshore"
- Free entry in the provider directory of the German Maritime Competence Network (DMKN).
Details: » Vorteile beim Deutschen Maritimen Kompetenz Netz (pdf; 161 kB).
Overview of » Benefits of GMT-membership (pdf, German; 189 kb)
The GMT is characterised by an intense and constructive cooperation of the members from among themselves.
You are invited to attend our monthly » Maritime Regulars' Table !
We look forward to welcoming you as a new member of the GMT!
Interested companies, institutions and individuals can apply for recognition of the contribution rules applicable statutes and membership in GMT. Admission is decided by the Board.
To apply for a membership the following documents are available for download:
- Application for membership in the GMT: » (as PDF-File) || » (as Word file)
- Articles of association of the GMT: (Edition of 3 November 2016) » (PDF-File; 41 kB)
It is requested that the completed application for membership is sent by letter
(or in advance by e-mail with subsequent confirmation) to the following address:
According to the decided contribution scheme the following annual membership fees are payable from 01 Jan 2015:
Annual fee (€)
|Companies (more than 500 employees)||3.000,-|
|Companies with 251 - 500 employees||2.400,-|
|Companies with 51 - 250 employees||1.800,-|
|Companies with 11 - 50 employees||1.200,-|
|Companies with 3 - 10 employees||720,-|
|Companies with 1 - 2 employees||300,-|
|Non-university research institutions||900,-|
|Major research institutions||1.200,-|